My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

The Synchronicity Principle

Lo and behold! As soon as I finished posting, I went upstairs and checked my little green house of a mouse trap, which has found a permanent place underneath my stove (where the cookie sheets, etc. are stored). What should I find, but a little tail-and-whiskers! Poor fellow had been there for a long time, and was ready to follow his fellows to the field. As customary, I left him the cracker to eat, so he didn't have to go hungry until he figured out a new domicile.

Another coincidence was that I visited the blog of Bitch Ph.D. for the first time tonight, and devoured several entries with plans for a present return. Her latest entry concerned "The Tale of Despereaux", a wonderful children's novel about a very brave little mouse who falls in love with a princess - I had only just bought it and read it and received another copy for Christmas.

My life, for some reason, seems to have 'Mouse' written all over it today. Fa-mouse, Anony-mouse, enor-mouse! I'm starting to sound like Monty Python here, sans the sparkling wit. Well, if anyone has a book or cards that mention anything on animal totems, drop me a line and tell me what all these mouse-signs mean, would ya?

~A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home