My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Monday, April 24, 2006

A Happy Day

Ahh, I've had a wonderful day today!

First, I woke up relatively early for me, and the sun was shining.  After the last few days' rain, it was a welcome surprise, and the world was all clean and fresh and bright.

Then, I talked to my dad on the phone, and he had just gotten hired by a "Big-3" Pharmaceutical to be the Product Manager for a migraine medicine — a huge source of joy for him and for all our family who have been steadily getting more and more discouraged (his previous medical company downsized him out last year).  He was fairly jumping up and down, and I was jumping right along!

I had plenty of time to putz around with before rehearsal, so I played a little FFXI, and left for "Proof" rehearsal at 4pm.  Now, all last week it took me 2 hrs to get to rehearsal.  Naturally, I had reserved 2 hrs for the trip tonight, so it only took me 1 hr and I had time to just hang out and relax before rehearsal.

Next, I totally *rocked* my scenes, and the director had a list a mile long of "good Claire, great Claire" comments, and we got out waaaay early.  Plus, she gave us tomorrow OFF, so I am floating - blissful.

Now I am going to watch "Elizabeth I", Part II on HBO, and play some ffxi, and gloat and float, like a stoat, in a moat, don't miss the boat, you old goat, eeek, I'm rhyming and I can't stooooooop. :P

Love you all,
A

Tags: Proof | Theatre

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Mophia said...

1st off: Congratulations to Mr. Anniina's Father! My parent's went through the same thing a couple of years ago, so I know how tough that is.

2nd: Is that all you 'wrote'? :P

April 25, 2006 11:44 AM  
Blogger Katja said...

Hyvä, hyvä, hyvä !!!!
Kerro teijän iskälle terkkuja ja onnittelut myös Katijalta.

Arvaa mitä ? Niitä pilkku-Converseja ei enää ollut mun koossa !!!! *murrrr* Noh, universumin tapa sanoa, etten niitä tarvitse...

Tulin just kattomasta Walk the Lineä ja nyt soi päässä vaan "Mä lähden stadiin" tai siis Jackson :) Parempi varmaan mennä nukkumaan ja het...

April 25, 2006 5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home