My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Macbeth Closes

And tonight 'Macbeth' had its closing performance.  I am equal parts relieved and saddened.  Relieved, because my schedule has been beyond hectic, and it will be nice to regain a small measure of sanity (although "Proof" will now go in full force), saddened because I will miss my beloved Lady Macbeth, and the wonderful group of girls with whom we had so much fun.  Yet, this is exactly what an actor's life is about — changes.  After each show closes, there is a short (sometimes longer) mourning period, and then we let go, and move on to other projects.  I do hope there will be something special beyond the horizon.

~A

Tags: Macbeth | Shakespeare | Theatre

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger The Lion Sleeps Tonight said...

Bravo, my lady. Bravo.

April 16, 2006 9:02 AM  
Blogger madelineanne said...

It was a wonderful performance love! ANd I can't wait to see Proof!!!

April 16, 2006 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home