My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

On Writing

                                I used to dread
      Writing
            And my Muse
Who, like a harpy,
      Descended on me
Forcing me
            To write.

Nowadays
      I look forward
            To her visits,
Offer her tea
      As we sit
Like solemn friends
      Arm in crook of arm
            Exchanging
                  Secrets.

(AJ, 1-2004)



Tags: Anniina's Poetry

1 Comments:

Blogger Mophia said...

Your poetry is so much better than mine... here's my latest (for our sign):
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Happy Spring from
(my company name here) to you

ah well... i'll post my epic poem on my blog next, and save my song lyrics for another time.

May 03, 2006 11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home