My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Friday, May 05, 2006

TGIF - Thank God It's Firefly Day 2

Wanna know just how much of a geek I am?
I waited for Friday, so I could share my latest Firefly/Serenity 'linkses', like for the rising of the moon.
["What is Firefly?"]


Here are this week's Firefly/Serenity links:

Firefly Shooting Scripts - TwizTV

Q's Geek Reputation Saved by Serenity - The Sci-Fi Guys

SerenityNow/Equality Now - Can't Stop the Serenity

Firefly Quotes - Jinkle.com

Hmm, there isn't a Firefly random quote generator engine available anywhere.  There's one for "Whedonisms", but since I never watched "Buffy" nor "Angel" it did not tickle my fancy.  If anyone knows where to find one, or how to make one, I'd love to have one on the sidebar.


Tags: Firefly | Serenity | Movies

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Mophia said...

i'm sorry, i dunno how ta help ya there... *gives Anniina a flower instead*

May 05, 2006 3:30 PM  
Blogger Katja said...

+73F in Helsinki !!!! I terrorized the neighborhood's old ladies by washing my living room windows on Sunday :) After that I spent couple of hours sun-bathing /reading/listening to music in the backyard. I am making a birthday gift for my sister and time is running out; have to go back to it and try to finish it this week...

May 07, 2006 9:24 AM  
Blogger Mophia said...

my goodness, you've got nicer weather than i do in wisconsin! it was about 65 yesterday, and an icky day of cloudiness and about 50 on friday! Out of curiosity, what's wrong w/ washing windows on sunday? ^.^

May 07, 2006 11:00 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Oh that's just a Finnish thing - remnant of Sunday being the day of rest and all, and it's considered rude to like vacuum or anything that makes noise or disturbs anyone else's Sunday peace. My mom would have been scandalized, heheheh.

Go Katja, terror of her neighborhood!

May 07, 2006 11:33 AM  
Blogger Katja said...

The world championship hockey game Finland - Latvia starts NOW. Anniina keep your fingers crossed !!!

May 07, 2006 1:18 PM  
Blogger Katja said...

WE WON 5-0 !!!!!!!!!!!!

May 07, 2006 3:52 PM  
Blogger Mophia said...

YAY!!! Go Finland! (How's your national baseball team? ~.^

May 07, 2006 8:26 PM  
Blogger Katja said...

I guess, that there are people who play baseball as you do in America, but we have our own game called pesäpallo. Basically it is the same game (I think ???), but we pitch differently in pesäpallo and the field looks a bit different. Here is a link to the official rules:
http://www.pesis.fi/nuorisopesis/international_site/in_english/

And the next ice-hockey game is on Tuesday; Finland vs Czech Republic. Can't wait !!!!

May 08, 2006 12:36 AM  
Blogger Mophia said...

pesis looks intriguing ^^ I'll read more about it when i'm not supposed to be in bed! and good luck to finland in their hockey game. This is one time that it'll be okay for them to bounce checks ~.^

May 08, 2006 12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home