My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Wee Small Hours

Going to bed in a moment, I promise. Just finished giving the doggies their baths — can't have them turning up at the aunt's all scraggly and filthy after all.  What between Ariel loving to roll in the grass like a spring pony on a pasture, and Boo trying to break Houdini's records by wiggling out from under the fence, and all of this compounded by the rains we've had... it was dirty dog dungeon.  All better now, whew!

Like the new background, btw?  I took a piece of the so called "Hand D" — the only manuscript writing thought to be Shakespeare's own hand, and then I tinkered with it in Photoshop to make it.  If anyone is interested, I can post a full how-to, but doubt most are, so will pass for now.

Alrighty, going to put one more load in the washer, then bed.  Dunno how much chance I'll have of blogging this week, so if there is silence, worry not.  Stay well, everyone!

~A

3 Comments:

Blogger Bart Treuren said...

i'd noticed straight away, but me's the typographical, layout conscious/obsessed type... nice touch, adding good value to your blog presence here :D

keep well

June 10, 2006 12:06 PM  
Blogger Mark A. said...

The background looks teriffic. I'm jealous.

I hope your poochies like baths more than Ellie. She thinks they're a form of punishment.

Have fun on your trip. Even though we just came back I'm still allowed to feel a bit jealous, right?

June 11, 2006 2:11 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Thanks for the compliments, guys - I'm not ashamed to admit I am weak to compliments :)

Ariel loves to shower - she'd be in with me every day if I let her, but she's got sensitive skin, so the doc tells me to limit her to max once a week. Wilbur is much like Ellie - he'd rather be doing anything but! Thus, I'm lucky if I can make him bathe once a month, plus his trip to the groomer's every so often.

June 14, 2006 2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home