My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Fantasies

    turkey
  1. Okay before I go further. "Othello" at PSF sucked a big one. Pissed me off. And that's all I'm gonna say about that. Teehee!


  2. Wrote the first chapter of my novel. Have good grasp of my structural outline, major plot points, and characters. Also have title.


  3. I'm kinda thinking about applying to Oxford for a Ph.D. in English... lalalaa. Only problem is, unlike American universities, which let you somewhat feel your way out your first year to see what you want to specialize in, Oxford needs you to write a proposal with your application. Hahaha! So.... My "Sevenlit" boys? Herrick? Donne? Or my beloved Billy Boy Bard(tee hee, almost said Billy Boyd) Shakespeare.... and Ren Drama... or Early Modern Woman Writers... or, or, or... I would love to clone myself so I could do all I want to do but never can in one lifetime!!


  4. Other option is grad study in drama, either at LAMDA or the Bristol Old Vic... and then again, maybe I don't have the natural ability, and even if I did, wouldn't guarantee work after... plus I'd be a million years old when I'd get out, which for women in the acting business is tantamount to a death sentence.


  5. Or I could just not study anything, and go sit on a mountaintop or a beach in Fiji. Or something.


Okay, universe, send me a sign, wouldya? No lightning bolts, though, please. Home insurance is unpaid atm.

*MWAH*

~A

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger The Lion Sleeps Tonight said...

To the beach!

July 17, 2006 2:24 PM  
Blogger Mophia said...

actually, isn't the correct quote, "Once more to the beach dear friends." or something to that effect?

July 17, 2006 4:36 PM  
Blogger Riykere said...

Your lucky, I'm friends with the universe. Although there are more then one to speak of. They say To the beach! And that they dont do thunder any more, thats old fashion. They send you an e-mail with a picture of thunder. It's not as effective but it saves time and energy. Well until next time. -Vanishes-

July 17, 2006 6:36 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

ROFL! You guys are extra silly and super awesome :)

July 17, 2006 11:51 PM  
Blogger Katja said...

NO, NO, NO !!! Do not listen to them, Fiji is yesterday's pink ! Go to the mountaintop. Believe me, I know the trends of travelling :) I'll start looking for a nice montaintop for you when I'll get to work today, ok ? And I'll forbid you to do any of those things before I have visited. It would totally suck to be alone in PA while you are in London :) Who would eat cheesecake with me then ???

July 18, 2006 12:39 AM  
Blogger Mark A. said...

I loved grad school, so I can certainly understand the desire to go back. And Oxford would be an awesome, if extremely intensive, place to do your grad work (M.A. don't mean shit there, you gotta go for the PhD).

But there is certinaly something to be said for living life Spicoli-style: "All I need are some tasy waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine."

Oh, and be prepared for the characters in your novel to completely disobey your outline, and go off on their own, selfish tangents.

July 18, 2006 1:28 AM  
Blogger Mophia said...

what's best is, writing a story with absolutely no idea what's going to happen next (well, so i know somewhat, but it's really totally wideopen pretty much atm). link available at my blog.

http://istanbultaye.blogspot.com

July 19, 2006 2:43 AM  
Blogger Martinho Neves said...

Have faith in you!
"in action how like an angel!
in apprehension how like a god!"

What a piece of work is man!
How noble in reason!
how infinite in faculty!
in form, in moving,
how express and admirable!
in action how like an angel!
in apprehension how like a god!
the beauty of the world!
the paragon of animals!
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust?
man delights not me; no, nor woman neither,
though by your smiling, you seem to say so.

William Shakespeare, Hamlet , II, ii, 316

July 19, 2006 8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home