My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Wet Wednesday

Basement FloodThe votes are in. Mophia, Katja, and Ray all say the carpet has to be yanked out. It is so poisonous, the air in the basement, I don't know how I'll do it - little by little, I suppose. I wish I had the money to just hire some "Basement Doctors" or "ServPro" to come in and fix it all for me. *sigh*

I spread cat litter all around, and it sucked up a lot of water — yet now there's the mess of the wet cat litter to deal with, and it's still not dry there. And at the same time, I feel so ungrateful whining about such relatively minor matters while other people lose their whole houses and all their possessions to floods. I do know I'm an ingrate, so thanks for bearing with me and letting me vent about my relatively insignificant woes.

I'm off to bed. Perhaps tomorrow I'll wake up, and the basement will be magically dry.

~A
Tags: Basement

3 Comments:

Blogger Mophia said...

oh believe me, flood basements are whineable events. I was living in that basement when it went under. They are a big mess, a big pain, and just thoroughly unpleasant. Sorry I'm unable to help you with it. I have a bit of experience ripping out carpet ~.^

July 05, 2006 6:01 PM  
Blogger Mophia said...

do you still have standing water? or is it just puddles where the floor is low and it didn't run to your pump?

July 05, 2006 6:03 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

No, I have cat litter all over the place now - it's not a sump pump issue. I'm starting to think it's actually something to do with either a) air-conditioner (broken to begin with) or b) pipes, because it is still leaking out there... although, since it never stops raining, it is hard to tell. Borrowing a shop vac tomorrow to vacuum out the wet kitty litter, and plopping down some more.

July 06, 2006 2:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home