My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I.M.Hosted Joins Comcast in Devil's Dominion

Goddamnit!!!

I had to switch Luminarium out of its old housing into a new home in the past month, and after research, the said location was ImHosted.com. More like I M TOASTED.com

Remember my rants about Comcast? Well, this is worse. The past couple of days, I've had a hell of a lot of trouble accessing my FTP server, and now when anyone types in "http://www.luminarium.org/" or anything within, the BASTARDS show a page saying

There is no website configured at this address.

Taking into account, that Luminarium has anywhere from 100,000 to 300,000 individuals visit it monthly, that's a hell of a lot of people being disappointed right now. Not to mention, that finally today I finished the Renaissance Drama section, and had done a fair bit of e-marketing, adding it to search engines and directories, etc. Now all of those folks are thinking "what the f%$#!" And that is exactly what I'm thinking.

To add insult to injury, these &%#%$%$s who promised 24/7 tech support, say they will only talk to me online... problem is, since my site doesn't exist, I can't open a trouble ticket or get f&$#ing help.

For the first time in 10 years, Luminarium is down. That's why there's all these broken links here, too - no hosting.

Would you like to know how I really feel? :P

Please excuse my language. I'm just so LIVID right now, I can't stand it.

Okay, moving poor ill-treated Luminarium again. GRRRR...

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark A. said...

If you can get the shitheads to refund your money I think I can generate you an account at Dreamhost at a discounted rate. The times I've need tech support they've been amazingly fast.

When I was having trouble I had to create a mirror of Hyperliterature on a subdomain until I could get it back up and running. Don't know if that helps or not, but feel free to email with more specifics and I'll see what I can do.

August 16, 2006 1:56 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Thanks, Mark! Tentatively, they're up. I have opened a new account with a different hosting service now, and these buggers should return me my money... we'll see. :)

A

August 16, 2006 12:14 PM  
Blogger Mophia said...

good luck. hope ya get it all worked out. ^.^

August 16, 2006 4:55 PM  
Blogger Shreeze said...

This blog is nice and very informative. I like this blog.
blog Please keep it up.

June 20, 2018 12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home