My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Mens sana in corpore sano

...or in this case, happy heart with a happy tummy!

Fréd, my brother-in-law, made crêpes for dinner. Salées, or salty ones with cheese, ham, and a fried egg (I had 2) and sucrées, or "sugared" ones, of which I had 3 — the first with raspberry jam, the second with banana and nutella (you know that hazelnut & chocolate spread), and the third with nutella and raspberry jam. They were all washed down with French cider from the Normandy region. Wow. I was stuffed to the GILLS with yummies, and nothing could have been better.

After our feast, we played 3 rounds of Yahtzee, and we all won once, which was cool. The neighbors will be glad when my sister moves, because they must have heard us hollering every time someone got a Yahtzee. Mwahahah. Fun.

In other news, Ronja (my mommy's little dog) and I went for two walks in the forest today and picked blueberries and raspberries. I read another book (I'm at 1-2 books a day while I'm here) and also bought new Japanese logic problems, where you color in squares... Katja told me I had to try them, so I'm gonna see how I do.

How is everybody? All quiet on the Western front? Oh, and dudes, I can't check my Netscape email while here because of this bedarned firewall, so if y'all need to get a hold of me, write to anniina@luminarium.org.

*SMOOCHIES*

~AJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home