My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Luminarium: 10 Years

Well, Ladies and Gentlemen, Wenches and Brigands,

It's official. I have launched the completely revamped Luminarium in honor of the site's 10 Year Anniversary. The new site should improve organization and navigation somewhat, although those are issues I dwell on constantly, and will never cease trying to better. With around 3300 pages, it is not always an easy matter.

Luminarium Screenshot

The site has a brand new cover page, as do 'Renlit' and 'Sevenlit', and an entirely new section, English Literature of the Restoration and Eighteenth Century. I still have two authors "under construction" there, whose pages will be finished this weekend. Also missing are the Luminarium Bookstore pages for most of the 'Eightlit' guys. They are in the works also.

New features include a "What's New" page, and the Luminarium Encyclopedia project and Luminarium Editions are linked up for the first time.

I've been working on the 10 Year Anniversary Site pretty much non-stop since May of this year — when working (either on an acting project, or doing "real work"), I've put in about 4-5 hrs each day, when not working, I've worked 12-16 hrs a day on Luminarium. Today I put in 11 hrs, but now my hands are cramping so badly that I have to quit.

pancakesSo. I'm going to the diner and having eggs and pancakes with syrup, and celebrating. Wish you were all here, so we could have a proper party :)

Love,
Anniina

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Mophia said...

That's a lot of work, and extremely well done. Good Job! and Congratulations on the 10th anniversary! and i'll see you in FFXI after my next paycheck ~.^

November 27, 2006 12:08 AM  
Blogger onlyjokinglasse said...

Hi Anniina, Kong rats for the achievement! Her Father

November 27, 2006 4:50 AM  
Blogger SzélsőFa said...

Wow.
Congratulations!
Have your well deserved party!

November 27, 2006 4:59 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Thank you thank you thank you :)

Mophia, awesome news!
Lasse, silly :P
SF :)

November 27, 2006 11:28 AM  
Blogger Heo said...

OMG, I did not know you were the responsible party for Luminarium. I totally wub that site! It got me through my first year of medieval studies, it did!

November 28, 2006 6:57 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

OMG, that is HUGE praise! I am so blushing right now!

November 28, 2006 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home