My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sonnetsday 30

Can you believe we've reached 30! Today, instead of Shakespeare, I'll share one I wrote when doing The Winter's Tale:
 
WT

Hermione to Leontes; Separated from her Love
in Body, but not in Heart. A Sonnet.


Like as the wanton wind my thoughts caress you
And brush the golden locks from your dear face;
My airy arms wrap 'round you to arrest you
In this, my heart's imaginary place.
Busied with other matters, you may feel
A sudden, gentle warmth upon the air —
'Tis my embrace invisible, yet real,
As if my heart in truth were with you there.
And if you then think tenderly of me,
Your heart, in turn, transported will be too;
I, far away, will know you long for me
As I, beloved, ever yearn for you.
     And then, though miles us cruelly do part,
     We'll one remain, thus sharing of one heart.

 

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Mophia said...

can you believe that means you've missed 20 weeks? XD (i'm just teasin, you blog a lot more consitently than i do >.>)

January 22, 2007 2:11 AM  
Blogger SzélsőFa said...

How nice:)

January 22, 2007 3:03 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Thanks :)

Yeah, Moph, I did miss 20 weeks. But it's mostly cause I thought people were sick of sonnets. Didn't wanna drive people away :P

January 22, 2007 5:33 AM  
Blogger SzélsőFa said...

That is you in the photo, right?

January 22, 2007 5:58 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Yes - that was one of our publicity shots.

January 22, 2007 7:00 AM  
Blogger Ahren said...

That's me too. lol [ever wonder what corr looks like] xoxo

January 24, 2007 12:29 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Heh, I always told them you were GORGEOUS :) Now they have proof!

January 24, 2007 12:47 AM  
Blogger Daniel Biggs said...


Great site, this information really helped me, I really appreciate it, Really very nice work. Excellent..i love it. Small children more love these images Super.
Buy Etilaam

November 28, 2019 4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home