My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Soul of the Garden - A Little Piece of Heaven

A few days ago I was cruising around the internet, when I happened upon a virtual haven called Soul of the Garden. The web home of Austin, Texas, gardener Tom Spencer, the site includes quotes and poetry interspersed with amazing garden and nature photographs by Spencer. This is a place where the eye and the soul can rest in the beauty of the world.

My favorite page so far is "Images from 2006":
http://www.soulofthegarden.com/mygarden2006.html

If you want a respite from the gray of the everyday, you can find it at Soul of the Garden.

Photo ©2006 Tom Spencer. Used with permission.
 

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger SzélsőFa said...

His garden surely is a little piece of paradise. I was amazed by the number of butterflies, birds, and the lizards.
And all those yellow-tangerine flowers are a feast to the eye in this winter.
I'm sure I used to have a Graham Thomas myself - but it deceased, unfortunately...

January 13, 2007 2:50 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

I had a Graham Thomas, too, but it also passed away. Yellow roses are more susceptible to various rose diseases like "black spot" - a rotting disease that starts when the weather is rainy for too long. In general, they're harder to keep alive. It's a shame that most of the rose names and varieties differ in Europe, because I could suggest a few roses that are virtually 'unkillable'.

January 13, 2007 4:03 PM  
Blogger SzélsőFa said...

Oh, roses... I love them but I often kill them...

January 14, 2007 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home