My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Weighty Resolutions for the New Year

My dad's older sister by 12 yrs, and my godmother, is in an article for a weight loss club. In the past eight months she lost 40lbs (18kg) — no mean trick at any age, let alone at 68!

For those readers who can read Finnish, here is the article: (top link on left sidebar) http://www.kiloklubi.fi/



Wow, I hope I look half as good as she does in the "after" picture when I'm 68. What an inspiration! Maybe I should do something about the Christmas belly? (>_>)
 

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger SzélsőFa said...

the link does not seem to work :(

my husband's mother looks great at 68 and she does a lot of hiking. Each week she's off to somewhere.

January 03, 2007 12:16 PM  
Blogger madelineanne said...

She looks wonderful!
I spent Monday being blissfully lazy while watching a "Biggest Loser" marathon and those people were fricking amazing and inspiring. One girl (who had to do it all alone, no trainer, no nothing, living her regular job at home and all that) went from a size 22 to a 2, or as she said it, "I'm now one of those girls I always hated" Seriously, IN-SPIRING!

January 03, 2007 3:27 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

OMG, I feel serious resentment towards size 2 people. my skeleton isn't a size 2. Waaaah. Dammit, I'm bee-yoo-di-ful as I am (*self-hypnosis*), yeah...

I gotta lose weight before this RADA reunion, with all of you slim actor types :P

January 03, 2007 5:21 PM  
Blogger Mophia said...

i should lose some weight too. i look too much like a galka right now!

January 03, 2007 6:41 PM  
Blogger madelineanne said...

Well I loved the fact that the girl admitted that she formerly hated size 2's, it's also worth mentioning that I think she was probably barely 5' tall. So achieving size 2 far easier for her!

January 04, 2007 11:48 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

I think that if I were a size 4, I'd look like a walking skeleton. Even when I weighed 115 lbs, my shoulders made me a size 10 in tops and dresses, though my jeans were a 6. Bah, I don't care what the label says, but I do know that this pillsbury dough-girl physique I currently sport is driving me batty.

Wish I weren't born so lazy!

January 04, 2007 9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home