5 Reasons Why I Blog
Ancrene Wiseass tagged me for this meme (making me feel like one of the "cool kids" - thank you!) so here goes:
- 1. Fun. A little over a year ago, Elfboy told me about his blog, and I thought, "How cool, I have to try that!" After a few floundering posts I realized how freeing it was, saying and posting whatever popped into my head, and I haven't looked back.
- 2. Therapeutic properties. Just like keeping a journal, this whole blogging-thing feels therapeutic in a way. It helps me gather my thoughts, helps me share my joys and sorrows and grouches, with the added benefit of having others' input. It really does make a difference even, or perhaps especially, when a near-stranger says, "Cheer up, you'll be okay," or, "Dude, congrats!"
- 3. Connection with others. It's been great to make new friends, whom I'd likely never have met, through blogging. Finding kindred spirits and sharing thoughts across the world is exciting. It's also been a great way to "spend virtual time" with friends and family — I've been a lot less lonely in this last year of blogging. I'm extremely sociable, but sometimes I go through periods of hermetical existence, but this way I still feel somewhat connected to the rest of the human race. Did that just sound as weird as I think it does? Oi!
- 4. Organization. As shallow as this is, I like having a sort of virtual scrapbook for quizzes and memes and comics. I'm a disastrously disorganized person, who never finds anything. This way, I can just use the little search box on the top left and find whichever tidbit it is I want to reconnect with.
- 5. Exercise. Heh. No, I don't mean getting lean, mean, typing-machine fingers (although that is a decided side benefit), I mean exercising writing muscles. I'm still trying to find my own "voice" as a writer, and what better way than by writing? I'd like to write a "Great American Novel" some day, or *GASP* "Chick Lit." Who knows; for now I just scribble whatever my gray matter deems topical and enjoy the process.
Dang that was tough! Okay, so next I have to tag 5 people. Doesn't mean you have to do it, take no stress. Also, anyone not tagged but wishing to do it, please feel free, and drop me a line so I can take a peek.
Heo, Stefanie, SzélsőFa, Emily, and Nike — Tag, you're it!