My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Fowles in the Frith

Wherein Ye Olde Webmistress of said blog is going out of her mind trying to sleep while a hundred thousand birds hold speed-dating sessions outside. And y'all KNOW I love birds, but this is Madness, I tell you, Madness! I'm going to buy some Gorram earplugs today, I'm going mad with the constant noise!


Jan Fyt. Bird Concert. 17th-c.







5  
Fowles in the Frith

Fowles in the frith,
The fisshes in the flood,
And I mon waxe wood
Much sorwe I walke with
For beste of boon and blood.
 

birds/woods

must go mad
sorrow
bone

Text and audio at Luminarium
 

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger SzélsőFa said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

April 24, 2007 7:58 AM  
Blogger Jarod said...

I never tried speed-dating, but I'd be willing to bet if the participants chirped like birds no one would notice the difference.
"So, what do you do? Would you like to get some coffee" (repeat, repeat)

April 26, 2007 4:53 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

I haven't tried it either, but I bet you're right!

April 26, 2007 10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home