My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Monday, April 02, 2007

Happy Happy Day


Went to Turku again yesterday, grandma's doing great! Tomorrow she's having a test done to try to determine the cause of her initial crisis. She's optimistic and energetic, which bodes well.

Dunno what happened with that pic, but somehow when I resized it, I turned out looking deformed. Grandma looks her beautiful, much improved self.

Today I had a great day in Helsinki. First, I had a facial—where they deep cleanse your skin, moisturize and massage your face, and generally make you look 5 yrs younger in an hour, and trust me, I was in sore need of a bit of rejuvenation. Then, I got my hair cut by a wonderful hairdresser named Anita, and I'm really pleased with the haircut.

The crowning glory of the day was meeting my best friend Katja after her work. We went out to eat and chatted and had fun. We also spent a criminal amount of time in the Academic Bookstore, and I came home laden with delish reads. Katja had brought me back a pink yukata robe from Japan, and for the last three hours I've been floating around my mom's, pretending to be a geisha. I tried singing some Madame Butterfly but my mom reminded me to be considerate of the neighbors, heheheheh.

So all in all, a happy happy day! Wheee!
 

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Katja said...

I had a fun day too ! Last day at work and seeing you after that :) But you better wash that yukata ! Otherwise you might get a rash from the starch on it. After that it is the most comfortable piece of clothing you have, I guarantee it.

April 02, 2007 11:51 PM  
Blogger SzélsőFa said...

Sounds like you've had fun!
What a great news! Hooray!
I'm glad your Grandmother is doing better, too.

April 03, 2007 1:56 AM  
Blogger Stefanie said...

Cool. Glad you've had a lovely time. Also? That picture of you looks nothing like the one in your sidebar! Love the long red hair, though.

April 03, 2007 2:47 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Yeah, the pic on the sidebar is my headshot from like 3 yrs ago. I hate taking pics, so I've been putting another off. In between, I grew my hair long (it grows like wildfire), and I change my haircolor every few months; when I get bored with my life, *boom* enter new haircolor, hehehe.

April 03, 2007 5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home