My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

TAX DAY in the U.S., April 15... or Not.



(via Lasse)
Taxpayers across the nation will have until Tuesday, April 17, 2007, to file their 2006 returns and pay any taxes due. Taxpayers will have extra time to file and pay because April 15 falls on a Sunday in 2007, and the following day, Monday, April 16, is Emancipation Day, a legal holiday in the District of Columbia. This means the entire country has an April 17 deadline.
 

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger onlyjokinglasse said...

We are the Nickers!

April 15, 2007 2:34 PM  
Blogger SzélsőFa said...

Our system's a bit different. Those who are entrepreneurs have to file the tax forms somewhat earlier, while those who work in the social sector, teachers and such have a later deadline this year. Some early May I suppose.

April 15, 2007 2:58 PM  
Blogger Bart Treuren said...

by now, i'm four years late and still enjoying myself thoroughly (in between unrelated episodes ;-) )

keep well...

April 15, 2007 4:34 PM  
Blogger Heo said...

This is the first year that I finished my taxes super-early. Usually, I'm driving half an hour to get to the one post office that stays open until midnight on the 15th. So, this year, when people talk of their tax anxiety, I share that anxiety with them for a minute.

April 15, 2007 7:49 PM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Yeah, I've been at that post office too, tehee! This year, I was a month early. Can't take that stress :P

April 15, 2007 8:15 PM  
Blogger Mophia said...

i think i've always been by mid march at the latest. They take too much $$$ and I want it back ASAP! :)

April 16, 2007 1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home