My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Ariel's Pet Project


Hi Folks,

I took the photo out of the last post because so many of you said it caused you distress. Me too, and I didn't particularly want to see it a billion times in the next week or so while it's on the front page here. So here's a new photo. Ariel is a performance artist and this is her latest project. Received rave reviews from her mommy (me). She was protesting the lack of dog cookies (I forgot to buy more) and decided she'd unpack the package of toilet paper. Luckily, she only worked on 1, so 11 good rolls remain. I LOVE THIS DOG!
 

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger onlyjokinglasse said...

Nice work. And thorough...

August 07, 2007 6:04 AM  
Blogger Anniina said...

Yes, she's a perfectionist :P

August 07, 2007 6:57 AM  
Blogger Mark A. said...

That'll teach you to forget to buy dog cookies.

...your training is proceeding according to Ariel's plans...

August 07, 2007 11:59 AM  
Blogger Jarod said...

It's brilliant! A biting satire of political and cultural degradation enabled by waning accountability. It is brave, pulpy, and honest. Ariel should have her own gallery show!

August 07, 2007 1:27 PM  
Blogger SzélsőFa said...

Perhaps, decision makers should be given the opportunity to have a funny dog like Ariel around...
She looks cute, but is she were my dog and did the same, well, ....

I used to have a dog and I was a strict master - did not really tolerated mischiefs. But as I grew older I think they have a place in the world. If a funny dog makes you smile/laugh/ feel better, then who cares about one roll of toilet paper and some minutes of cleaning?

Shift focus, I'm telling myself.

August 07, 2007 2:04 PM  
Blogger Katja said...

:) Can't wait to see her and Boo ! 13 days !

August 07, 2007 11:59 PM  
Blogger Katja said...

10 days !

August 11, 2007 4:37 AM  
Blogger Riykere said...

Haha, so very much like my dog. Although he prefers doing it to get attention. One thing he finds particularly amusing is taking things out of ones closet, or where ever they are suppose to be and dragging them infront of you and setting them down while your pre-occupied. When you finally come to, you notice your feet are buried by 5~10pounds of misc. things.

Anyway, sorry about missing you those times, ya always seemed to vanish right before i appeared, or appeared right after I vanished. Hope things are going well, and tty soon hopefully. | Oh, and btw. I like the Children of War poem. Tis a good one^^

August 12, 2007 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home