My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Happy 1st Birthday Knut!

Baby polar bear Knut was born at the Berlin Zoo a year ago today, along with a brother who died within four days of birth. The mother bear was missing the nurturing instinct and abandoned the cub, who was reared by humans. Knut has become a celebrity in Germany, where Knut mania reigns. I can see why:

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Happy belated Day Of The Ninja!

I didn't think that was a polar bear when I first saw it. I swear to god I thought it was a kitten. I seriously need glasses.

December 06, 2007 11:20 AM  
Blogger SzélsőFa said...

He's so cute.
I wonder how can his fake parents re-socialize him once he's grown up enough.
I would not trust a bear at no circumstances.
He's small and cute and all, but he's definitely has to go away from a human family.

BTW, Anniina, please take a look at my site: The Take a Close Look contest, with 10 rounds have ended and please collect your virtual award!!! You've been given one !!!

December 07, 2007 4:27 AM  
Blogger Mark A. said...

The temptation to make an inappropriate pun on this is damn near overwhelming.

But I am more mature than that (but not by much).

December 10, 2007 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home