My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Prodigal Daughter Returns to Her Blog

Darlings,

I do hope you'll accept my abject apology for writing so little in the past few months. I was very touched that you all still bothered to check this page on the off-chance there might be a post. I thought surely by now you would have chucked my blog off your bookmarks as another defunct enterprise.

Mophia was somewhat correct in his surmise that my hesitancy to blog was related to "The Troll Incident of 2007." I do admit that almost in one fell swoop, much of the delight I had taken in baring my soul to the wide world was robbed from me, despite my determination not to let it do that. I felt I had exposed my soft underbelly and then someone came in with a machete and went to work. And even though one should "not let the bastards grind you down", I lost the joy for a long while.



Furthermore, the beginning of this year has been filled with a plethora of work. I've been very fortunate to have countless translating gigs and other job opportunities which have left me little time for private pursuits, including blogging. What little extra time I have had has been spent on Facebook, keeping in touch with old friends and new. And all of it has come at the expense of my readers here. I apologize. You will see more of me in the future — silly quizzes, jokes, poems, and my musings on the world included.

Thanks for checking up on me guys. You've really made me feel special.

♥, Anniina
 

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Bart Treuren said...

welcome back, you have been missed... i've been through the mills myself during the second half of last year and know full well how other pressures just squeeze out the inclination and desire to write anything...

just picking up again where we left off...

keep well...

March 28, 2008 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home