My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, TX, United States

Scholar, Writer, Mother, Dreamer. Editor of Luminarium, an online library for English Literature of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Friday, October 17, 2008

Moving, et cetera



I've been so busy with other things and feeling a need to recreate myself that blogging here has felt difficult. Lots of things are happening in my life, which I'll fill you in on anon.

The most important news is that Vik and I are moving to Texas. Well, Vik has been there for some months already, but the dogs and I are moving on Tuesday next week. I'm excited and nervous, but mostly just exhausted from packing and trying to fix up the money pit.

Of secondary import is that I had major abdominal surgery 2+ weeks ago. If you've ever seen "Total Recall" with that alien in the dude's stomach, that's pretty much what I had. I had a huge tumor and a big cyst, both of which got taken out. Neither was cancerous. The surgery was done by a Transformer-sized (and looking) robot with 5 arms laparoscopically. They didn't have to take out anything and I've healed pretty brilliantly, so good news in the end. I'm waiting for the swelling around my midsection to go down, because I'm hoping my waist will be skinny like Scarlett O'Hara's.

I'm thinking of closing down this blog and starting a new one, to give myself a chance to recreate and refresh. If I do, I'll let you "regulars" know the location of the new one.

Until then, keep well and keep out of trouble :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Mophia said...

I've restarted my blog twice now since my first. I dunno if it really makes a blog a fresh start. This last time, I actually used the import feature to bring in the posts of both of my old blogs, lol, I may decide to go back and delete the old posts again, but at least it can be done.

February 10, 2009 11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home